So Christmas at our house started a couple weeks ago. William just couldn't wait to get the house decorated and the tree too. We purchased some ornaments and apparently $55 is what it costs to do that at our house. William picked out the star for the top of our tree. He picked everything out.. ornaments, lights, decorations, and the tree. He knew what he wanted. We added lights around our window and he helped grandpa get all the lights up outside too. He decorated the tree as best as he could and was so proud of himself. He was especially excited to see Santa.. The whole santa experience was fun for him. And the biggest plus, was that we didn't have to wait in line for 2 hours to see him.This year I tried something new. We generally put all the presents out Christmas eve so that there is no trying to peak at the gifts, but since this isn't going to be the case everywhere we go or later in life. He has to learn that he can't peak or open presents early. I realize that this could be considered a tease to the kid. Presents under the tree with his name on them, the ability to read his name has made this harder I think, has been a big issue for him. He was able to feel one and "accidentally" ripped the paper. He immediately knew by the feel of it that it was a gift he asked santa for. :( Definately not what I had wanted him to do. But as time has gone on he has been getting better. He has been able to leave the gifts alone a lot more.
This weekend he spent some time with his grandparents and dad. It gave me some time to get the rest of the shopping done, presents wrapped and placed under the tree, except for those few presents Santa will bring Christmas Eve. With all the presents under the tree he has been curious to know whats his and from who. He's even shaken one to see what it could be.. Too bad for him it just doesn't shake well.
Poor kid just can't wait. And I can't wait to see the look on his face when he opens his presents. I also look forward to Christmas Eve.. Even though I work we will enjoy our new traditional Christmas Eve dinner.. Fondue. I make a cheese fondue and this year we are having a milk chocolate and also a white chocolate fondue. We will also enjoy watching A Christmas Story. William and grandpa started that tonight... I can't wait for him to see the whole thing. He really seemed to enjoy the first part of it.
This is just the start of our Christmas posts.. To Be Continued Christmas Eve...
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Christmas at our house part 1
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Cute. He totally ripped that paper on purpose LOL You know it!
Post a Comment