After feeling like we've been potty training forever, my once reluctant boy is now, officially, a big kid! Sounds so strange and kinda corny like in those Huggies Pull Up commericials "I'm a big kid now!"... lol... But it's true. One day he just sorta took off and he's been accident free ever since. There's no arguing, well most of the time, and he's fully aware of what he needs to do. The only time he's in pull ups at all is at bedtime, because unfortunately I'm just not brave enough to do night time training, just yet. I'm not made of laundry detergent and sheets, ya know!
Most of the time he wakes up dry, I'd say at least 99.99% of the time, and we haven't had to buy a new pack of overnight pull ups in at least a month, so we are doing well. I don't think it will take him long to pick up on the night time training at all. He is so proud of himself and outside of a dumb mommy moment where I left him in overalls and he couldn't get them off by himself, he's been totally accident free. That was the one time he had an accident and now we are trying to do pants that have no buttons or hooks. But can someone explain to me why you can't really find pants or shorts for little ones now without buttons, hooks, or snaps????? I have been on a hunt for them and have found 2, count them, 2 stores that have pants or shorts without anything on them.
The best part of this whole thing is that I am no longer changing diapers. YAY! One less expense!!! ;) I guess as frustrating as it was, it was bound to happen. I've heard most mothers say that one day it just took, they did it on their own. I'd have to say, however, that having to wait until he was almost 3 1/2 to be fully potty trained was exhausting.
I guess I can mark one more thing off of my mommy check list with him now. ;)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
He's a big kid now!!! (officially)
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 5:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Woohoo!! Way to go, William! And a big sigh of relief for you, I'm sure-- must be nice not having to worry about diapers anymore!
Post a Comment