Now generally I don't make them. If I do they generally get broken within a few days. However, this year, I am not giving in. William has become increasingly spoiled and I'm not blaming any one person in particular for this behavior. This is something that has just gone on for too long. William has been dead set on getting something everywhere we go. I don't blame anyone for allowing it to happen. Part of it had to be guilt out of a missing parent and part for just seeing him when they got to. In any event it has made for a very possessive and downright spoiled little one who feels entitled to anything and everything he wants. I am no longer going to allow this to go on and am having to meet this head on. My mother and I have decided that he is no longer going to get something just because he wants it or just because we are somewhere. This has however come with challenges so far. Friday he got upset that he wasn't getting something that he wanted and it was met with a meltdown that you could hear through the entire store. I cringed while at work, knowing that the child who was crying and could be heard by everyone was my own. Great parenting moment there.
On a positive he is getting better. Today we were at the store and I told him he could get a snack and that we weren't going to toys and he didn't once ask for a toy and he got a snack and was happy. He has also gone to bed on his own for the last two nights without anyone having to be there. It's been tough, but I know that if I can't stick this out I will have my sweet boy back. Now if I could just get him to stop calling my "MOOOOM!" and get back to something more preferred like Mommy! :)
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
RESOLUTIONS!
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I know how hard it is to tell them no. I know I can be a real bitch when it comes to it too. And the eating. Boy, I'd smack Marcus for something like that. Yes I know its mean, but gosh darn it, they are 3 years old, we are the parent and they do what we tell them, not what they want to do.
I'm not getting on your case, trust me I know how hard it is to do this on your own. But its not healthy for him or you either way.
Ya know I love ya, and want whats best for you.
Post a Comment