and what a day it was. I can't believe that 4 years ago I was in that hospital room giving birth to the most amazing thing in my life... I can't believe that 4 years ago in that hospital room I first held the one thing that has made me make so many decisions I wouldn't normally make. The one person on this earth that I would give my life for without thinking twice, the one that I would do anything to protect and most of all do anything to keep happy and healthy. 4 years ago seems like the blink of an eye now.
The changes over the last 4 years are amazing... He's gone from an 8 lb 6 oz 21 3/4 inch bundle of joy to a 38 lb 3 1/2 (don't quote my on height) foot tall walking, talking, opinionated, smart, funny, sweet and sometimes obnoxious little man. I love this little one with all my heart and I can't imagine my life with anything less than him in it. God had a reason for giving me a boy, even though I wasn't prepared for raising one, and I guess now I see why. Life would definately be dull and certainly not as fun. I would never know all about dinosaurs like I do, I would never get to see or hear him do HULK SMASH!!! I would never get to cuddle with him and I would never hear the sweetest question on the face of the earth.... "Mommy, why did God give me to you???" My heart melts when he asks those things. I just say he knew I needed you....
God has blessed my life with him and as much as other things may have me upset from time to time, it's looking back on days like this, especially this one to make me thankful for what I do have. Right now at this moment I have a very healthy little boy who makes my heart full beyond words. We may have our moments where he drives me insane, but I definately wouldn't change a thing about it. Sometimes the best clarity comes when looking back on things. I get now why I have a son... I know why I made the decisions I made... I know that there may not always be a time for remembering the little things. Things get lost in the shuffle of daily life. I don't want to forget what it's like to just watch him sleep or the funny looks he gets on his face. I want to remember those. Life is never certain.... I just want to have those memories etched in my mind forever.
On a more positive note for today, since it was his birthday and he had school, he got to bring in a treat for his class. He decided to take Dinosaur Cookies. They were from Beaverton Bakery and they looked amazing. I can't wait for his cake this Saturday. lol... I brought them into his class where they were having circle time. All of them in their pajamas for their pajama party day and him in a crown for his birthday. He didn't even notice, but he said that all the kids liked their cookies, they sang Happy Birthday to him, and they all gave him lots of hugs. Here's to hoping that the party this Saturday goes just as well.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
well turning 4 has come and gone....
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment