I have never been one to lie about what happens just to make myself feel better. I dislike those who do. Why lie??? What do you have to gain??? How stupid do you look when the truth comes out? I'd like to give people the benefit of doubt here and think that they would be honest about stupid things. Then when people lie about what they do at work, home, with their kids or significant other or even just by themselves it just cements in my mind that they aren't comfortable with what they're doing/did or they think others will look down on them. Tonight I ran across an old blog I had saved from an old friend. In reading parts of that blog it was painfully clear that they lied. I don't know if I should be upset over the fact that they lied about myself, my boyfriend and my son.... Or the fact that they lied to make themselves look better by comparison. If we want to get honest here, the lie that was published was over something they didn't do themselves. Don't freaking lie about what food was brought in the house or complain about cleaning, when there were numerous occasions where they'd rather play on their computer than clean, cook, or pay attention to their own child.
I am not going to sit here and say that my house is spotless, and right now it's not. Unfortunately, having undergone surgery on Monday and being very limited in what I can do, not much has gotten done. But the boys in my life are trying to get everything done and I can't fault them for that. I won't lie when I say that there are a lot of times where we have eaten out because it was quicker. I won't lie over the fact that, yes, we have brought in sweets and soda, but most of them weren't even fully eaten or drank before going bad. But We have also brought in lots of healthier stuff over the last several months and its going to stay that way. Blaming others for your own decisions that were unhealthy or downright stupid isn't cool. The problems in my life are things that I won't blame on others. Yes I'm a single mom, but I was married when I had him. I don't blame anyone for the fact that his dad and I are divorced. Things happen and we're better off now. Yes it's hard raising a child with little help, but I wouldn't change that for anything.
I don't sit here and blame others for the misfortune of having a child who catches everything, a mother who's disabled or even for having to help out more at a young age because of the disability. I love my family. I love my friends. I have no reason to lie about anything. If I didn't wanna clean one day, oh well. Learn to deal with it. Because there were more times than not that I cleaned the entire house, dishes, laundry and all. If I want my child to follow certain rules, he'll follow them. I take offense to the fact that it was put out there in the manner it was. But then it just goes to show how petty and childish people can be. I can't say that I'm surprised by what I stumbled across, but I can say that it's sad. It just goes to show again that I shouldn't have gone out on a limb to help someone I considered family. It just burned me in the end. At least I can sleep well at night, knowing that I've told the truth and I'm better off.
Friday, January 27, 2012
The lies we tell to make ourselves feel better
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 3:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment