Ahhh today was the day of the fair. The day that William has been looking forward to for a few days now.. It was awesome. We started out the morning meeting up with Melinda, Justin, and Baby Allie. Allie was in the cutest baby contest and won in a few categories! I'm so happy for the proud parents because that little girl is absolutely beautiful!
The boys weren't interested at all over the baby contest and soon it was off to ride some rides. We started off with The Spider. I love that ride. William, however, doesn't and mentioned as the ride started going that he felt like he was gonna throw up. Luckily he held it all together and made it through the ride, however, I will never be able to get him back on it. We rode several rides and the boys had a blast. Too bad the tickets just didn't go far enough. The rides were very expensive.We had a good time looking through some of the booths. The boys got their faces painted like Spiderman and they both looked super cute. When it comes down to the food we enjoyed some traditional and not so traditional fair food. We enjoyed Hawaiian ice and sno-cones, almost had a hot dog (it ended up on the ground), funnel cakes (yummy), and pan fried noodles with chicken and teriyaki sauce. All of the food was good and even though William wasn't happy about the hot dog falling on the ground he did end up eating about 1/2 of the funnel cake.
After we were all outta tickets Julie, Marcus, William, and I were getting ready to have our picture taken to have it put into a large button (kinda cheesy, but hey we wanted them) and all of a sudden we hear Anna scream. For the second time in 3 days she was stung by a bee. The first time was on her back.. this time was on her finger. After calming down enough to only have tears streaming down her face and us having finished the picture taking part of the process we told her to go get her hawaiian ice and go to the car where we'd meet her. She went and we got out buttons. However, she didn't get far, we ended up catching up to her and just left the fair at that point. We all had a great day and we've all come away with some pain either self inflicted or bee inflicted.Which leads me to the second part of the title.. Sunburns.. As a mom I should know better. If you are going to be out in the sun remember to put sunscreen on, especially if you know you burn or are more prone to burning. Today I didn't think about it and I have to say that I probably got the worst of it. William is ok, Marcus just fine and Anna too outside of her bee sting. Julie is a little darker and has a slight sunburn, but me... Well lets just say I've learned my lesson.. At least for now I have.


Saturday, August 22, 2009
Fair and sunburns..
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I found you on themomblogs.com I hope you don't mind that I commented. We spent the weekend at the lane county fair (not sure where you're located) We live in Eugene.
Hope you had a fun time at the fair and learned your lesson with the sunscreen, lol.
OUCH on the sunburn, but it looks like you all had a great time.
Post a Comment