There are times where William just melts my heart.. Tonight was definately one of those times. After reading him a bedtime story twice and tucking him into bed, he gave me hugs and kisses and said that before he fell asleep he needed to say his 'Thank you's" to God. I said it was fine to say those while he was laying down and he soon started in with those "Thank You's". As I stood there listening to my son it was clear that he knew exactly what he was thankful for today. The one line that melted my heart the most was "Thank you God for bringing me home where I belong". To hear a 4 1/2 year old say something like that is just amazing in a sense. It's something that can melt a heart, he definately melted mine tonight, and made me feel so blessed and happy to have him as my son. He's asked from time to time why God gave him to me and I have to say that on nights like this I can truly say it's because He knew I needed William. He was just right for me. :)
I'm thankful for my sweet little guy, even when he's not so sweet, and I can't imagine life without him. After him being gone for 4 days I am glad to have him home.. I just wish he didn't sound so grown up each time he comes back.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Thank You's to God...
Posted by williamsmommy2005 at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment